Employment & Education Opportunities
EMS is an exciting and growing career path. Check out the number of opportunities across the area to work as an EMT, Paramedic or EMS Administrator.
If you would like to advertise an employment opportunity on this page contact our office at 701-221-0567 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting 10-4-2016 you must be a member to place an ad on the site.
Ads will appear on the page for 3 months unless the office is informed the position has been filled or the employer asks for an ad extension. Ad wording will appear exactly how they are provided in the email.
ND DOT EMS Instructor – Coordinator Course
Metro Area Ambulance
To prepare the student to perform as an EMS Instructor-Coordinator in accordance with standards established by the North Dakota Department of Health, Division of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma. The course is based on the 2002 National Guidelines for Education of the EMS Instructor. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will have attained the necessary competencies to coordinate and instruct an EMS education program at or below their current level of licensure.
Prerequisites: Current NREMT/ND licensure at the EMT level or higher
Affiliation with a licensed ND EMS service or EMS Educational training center
Access to a computer with internet connectivity
Course Coordinator: Jenny Iverson, NRP, AAS
Metro Area Ambulance cell: 701-341-0624
Cost: $375; limited to 12; Starts 7/27/20; Last day to register 7/23/20
Location: Metro Area Ambulance, South Station
1139 Memorial Hwy, Bismarck, ND
Class Dates & Times: This course has 3 phases:
1. Phase 1: Pre-Course Self-Study– Students will be assigned various reading assignments, online activities, and course completion activities that MUST be completed prior to the scheduled first day of on site classroom training. All pre- course worked assigned to be submitted prior to class must be submitted as instructed for admittance to the classroom portion of the course.
2. Phase 2: On site classroom training – The on-site classroom training will be conducted Saturday, October 24, 2020 10am-6pm and Sunday, October 25, 2020 from 9am-5pm, CST. Class will be held at 1139 Memorial Hwy, Bismarck, ND.
3. Phase 3: Post course evaluation: Students will randomly choose a topic for which they will be required to develop and submit a lesson plan, schedule, scenario, class objectives and evaluation rubric. The final project must be submitted within 3 weeks of in class completion.
Students are expected to be present at all scheduled class sessions and to complete all pre-course assignments by the scheduled due dates.
Students are expected to be in either comfortable business attire or approved service uniform during the classroom phase.
There are no required textbooks for this class. Recommended textbooks are:
· Foundations of Education: An EMS approach – NAEMSE – 2nd edition
· Teaching Health Careers Education: Tools for classroom Success – Mosby – Ruple
· Creative Learning: Activities and Games that really engage people – Pfeiffer – R. Lucas
Students are required to successfully complete all 3 phases of the course to be eligible for a certificate of completion.
Course Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
Students who withdraw with notice, prior to August 24, 2020, will be eligible for a full refund of their paid tuition. Any withdrawals or absences after that date will result in forfeiture of the full paid tuition for the course.
A course completion certificate will be issued to all students who complete the following:
· Complete all the pre-course assignments and submit in the appropriate time frame
· Actively participate in all hours and activities scheduled Oct 24/25
· Complete the assigned post course assignment and submit in the appropriate time frame
· Upon completion of all course work, application for ND EMS Instructor/Coordinator certification will be submitted to ND Department of EMS by the course coordinator
ND DOT EMS Instructor Coordinator Course
Course begins 7/27/2020
In class dates: October 24 & 25, 2020
Course Cost: $375 Registration cutoff: July 23, 2020
I have reviewed the course content information and agree to complete all course assignments as defined and meet attendance requirements. I understand the self-study phase will require approximately 3-8 hours per week to complete and is the base knowledge content needed for completion of the on-site classroom portion of the course. I understand that if at anytime I need assistance I can contact the course coordinator for help. I understand my success is dependent on my efforts.
Student acknowledgement: ______________________________________________
On July 27th, all students that have paid in full will be contacted by the course coordinator on how to access the phase 1 course content. Course content will be issued through Microsoft DropBox file sharing. All students will need to have access to Microsoft DropBox to access the shared files. All other correspondence will be through email, so please provide an email you access frequently. If any issues or concerns arise please contact the course coordinator.Submit payment: Metro Area Ambulance, 2940 N 19th St., Bismarck, ND
Need a couple hours before the end of June? Want to get a head start on next year? Sanford EMS Education is offering a limited selection of video delivered courses next week! FOR FREE!
For those of you used to registration on our Success Center platform, we are using Eventbrite for these classes so that they can be offered for free. Links to the Webex video meeting will be emailed to you from EventBrite. Watch for that email. Certificates will also be emailed to you.
Go to our webpage for more info and to sign up if interested!
If you have any questions about these classes or our regular video delivered live recertification courses, contact our recert coordinator, Nicole at nicole.henning@SanfordHealth.org.
Open until filled CAS Rolla is looking for a full time EMT to join our crew. Position offers excellent pay with built in overtime and yearly COL, performance adjustments, ample time off, set 3 on 5 off rotation, and full benefits along with possible advancement to the Paramedic level. Applicant must have a clear driving record.
For more information
or Email to email@example.com
West River Health Services- Become an EMR Click HERE